Live for Tomorrow is a brand of non-toxic, plant and mineral based cleaning products made locally in Metro Vancouver that is designed with zero waste in mind. Using premium quality, food-grade ingredients and sustainable packaging, our highly concentrated formulas help consumers change how they experience clean… and Clean with a Purpose.
LFT Group was established on the premise that we would help consumers make better choices for their daily cleaning needs by providing them with products that are not harmful to families or the environment.
All-Natural, Non-Toxic, and Chemical Free Ingredients
Everything is Hypoallergenic, Biodegradable, and Septic System Safe
Live for Tomorrow is more than a brand, it’s a way of life.
Join us, won’t you? #PlanetLFT
Check out our FAQs to learn more about our brand.
And visit our blog that is rich in materials and interesting articles.
Want to learn more? Contact us today!
Behind the Scenes...
Munu Hicken-Gaberria, Founder & CEO
The man behind the vision of LFT is an established entrepreneur (UK & Canada) who upon first arriving in Vancouver in 2001 was awestruck by the surrounding natural beauty, which he found somewhat reminiscent of his birthplace, Tanzania. It was this experience that solidified his decision to make Vancouver his new home and sparked his desire to establish a business that will help protect the planet. After immigrating to Canada in 2006, Munu focused his energy and experience into green consumer goods. As a user of eco-friendly cleaning products, Munu was committed to fill the gap in the Canadian marketplace with sustainably packaged, refillable and toxic-free solutions, resulting in LFT Group Brands Ltd. and the launch of the Live for Tomorrow brand.
Munu keeps the pulse of the business at a steady rhythm and passionately drives growth through sales and new product development.
He is a Director of the Port Moody Heritage Society, former member of the Port Moody City Council Economic Development Committee and Environmental Committee, as well as a former member of the Review Panel for Seeds Business Development Centre. He holds a degree in industrial design as well as an MBA.
Keena Hicken-Gaberria, CFO
Born and raised in Vancouver, Keena's happy place is spending time in the outdoors – either in the woods or on the water. After years of competitive sailing, Keena enjoys the thrill of a challenge and getting things done.
A strategic forward-thinking leader with over 30 years of business experience with proven ability to be adaptive and creative. Utilizing an uncompromising set of qualifications, (ICD.D, CPA, PMP, and CFE), Keena guides LFT’s financial, risk management and legal matters.
Keena is the Board Chair of Orca Sand & Gravel LLP, the Board Chair of Dadan Sivunivut, Secretary and Treasurer of the Rural Islands Economic Partnership Society; and is a former mentor of the Leaders of Tomorrow Program, a former Board member of the Port Moody Arts Centre Society and a former member of the Port Moody City Council Economic Development Committee.
Making this world a better place is one challenge that she is committed to tackling head-on.
A Little History...
LFT was launched in 2007 and since then has achieved many firsts:
- First in Canada to launch a packaging deposit and return program in the cleaning products space;
- First in Canada to work with retailers to support refill options for cleaning products and the start of the zero waste movement;
- First in Canada to offer higher concentrated laundry detergent - 8x concentrate;
- First in North American to offer ultra concentrated dish liquid - 2x concentrate;
- First to utilize sustainable packaging in the cleaning and personal care market - first with 97% PCR packaging in Canada - and then first in North America to use aluminum bottles;
- First to raise awareness about the dysfunctional relationship between water and cleaning products with the objective to help safeguard fresh water; and
- First in Canada to disclose ingredient details and functionality on its product labels, marketing collateral and our website.
LFT is the proud recipient of the Port Moody Spike awards in 2014 and 2017 for Environmental Sustainability and Environmental Leadership, respectively, and was a finalist for the Made in Vancouver award in 2019. All Live for Tomorrow products are Certified Vegan and Leaping Bunny Approved, and the brand has received numerous awards which includes:
- “Eco Friendly Product of the Year” from Creative Child Magazine for our "Dirt Happens" laundry detergent (2017, 2018 and 2018), for our "Dish the Dirt" dish liquid (2017), for our "Clean Mitts" hand soap (2017 and 2021), for our "Elbow Grease" All Purpose Cleaner (2017, 2019 and 2021) for our "Dish the Dirt" dishwashing powder (2019 and 2020), for our "Soft Spot" fabric softener (2020) and for our "Safety Sake" hand sanitizer (2020);
- "Seal of Excellence" from Creative Child Magazine for our "Clean Mitts" hand soap (2017 and 2018) and for our "Elbow Grease" All Purpose Cleaner (2017);
- "Preferred Choice" from Baby Maternity Magazine for our "Dish the Dirt" dish liquid (2017), for our "Dish the Dirt" dishwashing powder (2019 and 2020);
- "Top Choice of the Year Award" from Baby Maternity Magazine for our "Safety Sake" hand sanitizer (2020) and for our "Clean Mitts" hand soap (2021);
- "Award for Excellence - Product of the Year" from Baby Maternity Magazine for our "Elbow Grease" All Purpose Cleaner (2019 and 2021), and for our "Soft Spot" fabric softener (2020)
- "Eco Excellence" award finalist from Natural Child World "NCW" Magazine for our "Dirt Happens" laundry detergent (2017), and for our "Dish the Dirt" dish liquid (2016); and
- “Eco Excellence” award winner from Natural Child World "NCW" Magazine for our "Dirt Happens" laundry detergent (2015 and 2016), and for our "Elbow Grease" All Purpose Cleaner (2015 and 2017).
LFT is proud to support its team with living wages and is currently working towards B-Corp certification status.